- 6 scholarships at $2000 each spread out over 4 years
- In honor of Dr. Mehta, Ram Sachdev Ji, Smt. Anjleebahen Pandya, Asthana Family, Bansal Family & Late Shri Debi Prasad ji Sodhani
- Completed application should include a Completed applications should include an Essay minimum 500 words and maximum 1000 words on specified topics which will be provided each year.
- Successful candidates will be awarded $2000 over 4 years of studies - $500 portions payable on successful completion of school year with minimum GPA of 2.75 (B-) on a 4.0 scale
- Students will be sent a reminder on May 1stand will have until June 15 to submit transcripts
- If student does not qualify for continuation of scholarship the appropriated funds will be granted towards other charitable causes of VHPA
- Applications for scholarships must be submitted with all required documents, incomplete or missing documents from required list will result in disqualification
- Applicants will be informed once applications are received and under review and once selection committee has made final decision applicants will be informed electronically, thus it is imperative that the email address is correct.
- VHPA or the selection committee will make all reasonable efforts to keep the students informed during and at the completion of the selection process.
- Decision of the selection committee will be final and cannot be challenged
While scholarships for graduating high school students abound, almost all are sponsored by corporations, foundations, and faith-based community organizations. However, hardly any scholarship is offered by the Hindu community to deserving high school seniors. To fill this gap, the World Hindu Council of America has launched the Sharda Vidya Scholarship at the national level, offered to Hindu students who are graduating from High School and are headed to a college to pursue higher studies.Know More
- Award 1. In Memory of Dr. Mahesh Mehta
- Award 2. In Memory of Smt. Anjleebahen Pandya
- Award 3. In Memory of Shri Ram Suchdev
- Award 4. In memory of Shri Debi Prasad ji Sodhani
- Award 5. Asthana Family
- Award 6. Bansal Family.